Monday, January 19, 2009

You don't need a reason

to call in sick on your day off!
Just for fun, pick a day when you aren't scheduled to work and then call in sick. I can imagine conversations like this:

(phone rings and is answered)

"Thank-you for calling Jinky's Geegaws, how may I direct your call?"
"Uhh, I need to talk to someone to tell them I'm sick and not coming in to work today."
"Oh, I'm sorry, let's see . . . your name please?"
"This is Jimmy"
pause
"Jimmy?"
"Yes, Jimmy."
"I'm looking at the schedule and I don't see your name."
"I know."
"I don't understand . . ."
"Yeah, well I'm calling to say I won't be in."
"But . . . I'm confused, I don't see you scheduled to work today. Maybe there's a problem with the schedule."
"Could be, 'cause I'm not gonna be there and if I'm scheduled that's a problem."
"But you aren't scheduled."
"And I won't be in, just wanted someone to know, I'm not a lollygagger you know and I want whoever's in charge to get the message!"
"OK, I'll make sure they get the message."
"Who?"
"Who?"
"Yes, who is going to get the message?"
"Uh, well, I guess the manager on duty."
"OK, so you'll make sure they know that I called? I want to keep a good record."
"OK, I'll tell him you won't be in . . . but as far as I can tell you aren't scheduled to be in."
"That's right, must make sure that gets on the schedule."
"You want me to put that on the schedule?"
"That's right! Make a note on the schedule that I called to say I won't be in to work today."
"OK . . . maybe you should talk to the manager."
"No, don't need to, this is my day off."
"Then why are you calling in?"
"Because I won't be there!"

See where this has possibilities? As well as how I have way too much time on my hands? This is what happens when CBS replaces an episode of The Unit with (anything else). And soon football season is over and it can only get worse!

No comments: